Skip to main content

About your Search

20121001
20121009
Search Results 0 to 7 of about 8 (some duplicates have been removed)
MSNBC
Oct 4, 2012 3:00am PDT
falsehoods and turnabouts. there are still two more presidential debates. and mr. obama has the facts on his side to expose the hollowness of his opponent, but first he has to decide to use them aggressively. i think a lot of people felt that way. >> jon meacham, you'd have to go back to the 2004 bush debate. first bush debate to find a clear winner like we had last night. when you have even liberal publications, liberal editorial pages saying that barack obama didn't show up, and mitt romney won it going away. >> i think that's right. and i think -- it's interesting that incumbent presidents, as we've been talking about, you know, are not accustomed to this forum. it's been a long time since he's been challenged like that. i remember president bush, george w. bush, was quoted -- used to be quoted as saying, you know, people will be out in the oval office waiting room and they'll say i'm going to go in and tell the president, great texas phrase, what all, and they get in and they say oh, what a lovely tie, mr. president. and i think that's a big part of this. and i think that that's one of t
MSNBC
Oct 8, 2012 3:00am PDT
. former presidential candidate newt gingrich and senior obama adviser david axelrod were asked if obama should have called out romney if he thought his opponent was being dishonest. >> the president of the united states had 90 minutes. now, if he had done his homework, if he had actually prepared, if he had actually studied romney, why didn't he say it? why didn't he take romney head on? first of all, the charge on the tax cuts is just plain wrong and i think virtually every analyst has said, and even your deputy campaign manager said the charge is wrong. but forgetting that for a second, the job of the president is supposed to be to be confident and to be able to stand up for what he believes in and to be able to articulate what's wrong. mitt romney walked over him. >> i will be honest with you, i think he was a little taken aback at the brazenness with which governor romney walked away from so many of the positions on which he's run, walked away from his record. and that's something we'll have to make an adjustment for. it takes a certain, as president clinton would say, it takes a ce
MSNBC
Oct 5, 2012 3:00am PDT
with the presidential look. after a failed presidential term, so failed that obama barely even bothers to make the case, preferring to blame everything on his predecessor hinge almost entirely on whether the challenger can meet the threshold of acceptablibility. romney trushed the threshold on wednesday night. >> donny, you're shaking your head yes. >> interesting thought on how you can understand this could happen. in my mind, i think i was the smartest guy in advertising. and if all of a sudden i'm on stage with a guy who's got a small advertising agency -- >> by the way, nobody challenged you for four years in a row. >> and i now -- he's describing his media strategy. it's like, what? i'm going to talk to -- like you can see the psychology behind it. if you're going up against a guy who has a little public access talk show and you have to go one on one, it's like you can't help but go, i don't deserve to be doing this. now, unfortunately, you've got to, and that's what happened to the guy. >> it is human nature. and by the way, mark, we were talking about this yesterday. it happened to ronald reagan
MSNBC
Oct 3, 2012 3:00am PDT
president obama. and as you point out, it was widely covered at the time. he was an announced presidential candidate. so there was nothing secret about this on-camera, open-press event. >> but mike, did the media fail to cover it completely? did it leave out parts that would have been harmful to president obama, which is the argument made by the daily caller? >> yeah, i think in any speech like this, you're going to do it selectively. and apparently, then-senator obama departed notably from his text, maybe a lot of the stories were done. but what we're seeing, willie, here is a video that's designed to play to the republican base, to remind them that whatever they think about mitt romney, he's better than barack obama, if you're a hard-right conservative republican. so this is to get them to stick with their choice and to turn out. >> and then quickly on the paul ryan video. what do you make of that? he says only 70% of americans want the american dream. the other 30% want the welfare state. >> willie, if you listen to the whole tape, what i took away from it is that mitt romney would be a
Search Results 0 to 7 of about 8 (some duplicates have been removed)